Saturday, September 14, 2013

Water Colors and Black Glue Technique

While participating in a few mixed media challenges over the summer I created the art journal pages below. The challenge was to use watercolors and some black glue. I had never heard of this technique before and it intrigued me. I had fun playing with the black glue!
On this first page I created my circles with the black glue and let it dry. I then added the color with my Caran D'Ache NeoColor II crayons (Naples Yellow, Jade Green, and Turquoise). I activated them with water and let it dry. I then dropped some fluid acrylic inks in pink and blue and added the stamped words. 

On this page I put down the color first with my Reeves watercolor set. I then sketched out the tree with a pencil and then went back over it with the black glue. The inspiration for this came from a tree painting I saw on Pinterest. I tried and tried to find it again so I could link back to it, but sadly I could not find it again. If I ever come across it again I will come back and add the link....

Thanks for looking! Gentle Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment