Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Gelli Prints for my Art Journal!

Gelli, Gelli, Gelli! I have spent at least 12 hours playing with my Gelli Plate over the last three days! I love how every print is different and unique. Its almost impossible to duplicate a print twice! 
I thought I would share some of my favorite prints, but I will break it up into a few different blog posts since there were so many. 
This first post is all about the prints I created as backgrounds for my art journal. 
I first removed the pages from my Mixed Media Strathmore Visual Journal for ease of printing. This is one of my favorite journals to work in. The pages are 9x12 and the paper can handle anything I throw at it! The pages can accept layer after layer of different mediums without compromising its integrity. 
I used many different stencils for my prints from Crafters Workshop, Balzer Design, Prima, Heidi Swapp, and old stencils from my scrapbooking days. Stencils are definitely my favorite tool to use when playing with the Gelli Plate.
I also used many different types of paint from Sargent Arts, Amsterdam, and cheap craft paint. I have to say that my favorite paint to use on the Gelli Plate is the Amsterdam paint. It says wet for a decent amount of time and is thick enough that I can pull several prints from one application.
I will try to list the stencils used under the picture, but if you have any questions at all about what was used for a particular print PLEASE feel free to ask me! 
Hope you enjoy!

Balzer Designs Mini Silhouette Script, Heidi Swapp Tiny Hearts

Crafters Workshop Harlequin


Crafters Workshop Harlequin, Folk Art Pebbles





Prima Wood grain, Prima Raindrops

Prima/Donna Downey Floral


Heidi Swapp Heart Cluster, Prima Wood grain, Prima Raindrops, Heidi Swapp Sunshine

Balzer Designs Mini Silhouette Script, Heidi Swapp Heart Cluster


I have many many more stencils to try on the Gelli Plate, including several homemade ones. They are my favorite tool to use while creating with my Gelli Plate.....stay tuned!

Hope you enjoyed!Gentle Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment