Friday, September 13, 2013

Donna Downey Gel Medium Resist Technique

I recently participated in a mixed media challenge with a group of girls on Facebook. 
The challenge was to create a resist on your journal page and then paint it. I created this resist with Golden Gel Medium. After getting the gel medium on the page I embedded some leaves I found on vacation near the beautiful Truckee River into the gel medium. While that was drying I mixed some artist quality watercolor paint in Quinacridone Gold with Liquitex Glazing Fluid and painted it in the page. I let it sit for a couple of minutes then wiped off the paint with a baby wipe. The color remained in the nooks and crannies. I picked up this technique by watching a few TONS of Donna Downey Inspiration Wednesday videos! It worked beautifully! Now I have a gorgeous background for a art journal page! :)

Thanks for looking! Gentle Hugs!

1 comment:

  1. beautiful, love the gold, I played a little with the gelli plate this am, love the liquid glazing fluid under the paint, hugs

    ReplyDelete