Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The Luck of the Irish!


Ok, I have to say that I had a blast creating this card! I am going to enter it into my FIRST EVER blog challenge! Whoopee, I am so excited! It’s a doily challenge on the Saturated Canary Challenge Blog. I have to say that before this challenge I was not a big fan of doilies, but after I started working with them I really got into it! The adorable little image is Frizzy Jynx by Krista Smith, the amazing artist over at Saturated Canary! I am in love with her work. I colored Frizzy with Copic markers.

I wanted to do something different with the doily, not just put it in the background of the card. I also knew I wanted to make a St. Patrick’s Day card, so I searched through my stash of Cricut Cartridges to see if I had anything for St. Patrick’s Day that might inspire me. I decided to use Cricut’s Designer’s Calendar cartridge to cut out a shamrock. After cutting the shamrock out with the Cricut I ran it through my Zyron and then adhered a 4 inch doily to it. I trimmed the edges and then inked it up using Tim Holtz Distress Inks (Antique Linen, Iced Spruce, Evergreen Bough, and Walnut Stain). I then sprayed it with a shimmer mist for the final touch! It's hard to see glimmer mist in photo......

(inside of card)

The butterflies were punched out of an extra shamrock doily I made just in case I needed it. The shapes were created with the Spellbinders Nestabilities Dies (Labels One) and inked the edges with Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Walnut Ink).


Other details……
Paper by ColorBok~Rustic Earth Tones
Photo Corners~Paper Studio
Bakers Twine~Sew Easy, Winter Green
Glitter~Lime Green Stickles
Stamps~ Luck of the Irish by Stampabilities, Happy St. Patrick’s Day by Hero Arts


Thanks for looking! Gentle Hugs!



Happy St. Patrick's Day from my Irish boy, Roarie!

3 comments:

  1. This is sooooo cute! I love it...I love how you took the picture of the card out in your yard!! Love the idea of the shamrock doily!! YOUR AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rocked that one girl, it is awesome. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card love your choice of image, dont you just love her hair!!

    Thank you so much for joining us girlies over at Saturated Canary, good luck hun.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete